Monday, July 12, 2010

Multiples Multiply

Working with the Bronica, which had a means to recock the shutter without advancing the film, I expanded the potential of image combinations. 


Sometimes I would carefully position the elements in the style of Jerry Uelessman. This particular image is not a new discovery, as a print does exist in my collection. But the next three are new to my eyes, fresh visions from a young man in the 1960s.


Sometimes the images would dance together in the manner of Harry Callahan.





And then different things would happen.






The elm tree is a "known" image, from the yard at McKeen Street.


This is one of my first images using masking (my hand) to make a strong spatial shift. "Unknown" image, one of the the many reasons I'm making this journey, as are all the following.


I remain fascinated at the way some images combine to make a new thing.














A wave goodbye until the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment